Thursday, March 1, 2018

Excited Gibberish From a 5'2" Girl

And thus it begins, the journey I've been preparing for all year. I'll be honest with you, I have no sure plan for what's to come in the approaching weeks. I've had many ideas pop into my head at various points in time but looking back at them now makes them appear lame and unimpressive. I fear that I won't be satisfied with any product I create because I'm so easily inspired by new ideas, I just hope that whatever I settle on will become something I can be proud of.

Hi! My name is Amanda and I'm a musical theatre girl. I love the arts and I aspire to incorporate them into this final project in order to tell a story that truly says something. I hope to release little bubbles of self inter-scattered with my film opening. Similar to how my taste in music is filled with variety, the movie concepts that have nestled into my noggin span many genres. While I've yet to settle on one finite story, looking at my list of ideas I know that I plan to include some of my own music in my film opening. I do not claim to be a brilliant composer, I'm just a girl who appreciates music enough to thrust herself into two music theory classes during her senior year of high school. My grandfather was a composer so I guess the desire to create runs in the family. I must admit that I love putting together melodies and hearing instruments fit together in my head. Whether I end up creating the stings or underscoring for this project, I cannot WAIT to get started!

The genres I'm currently looking into consist of drama, romantic comedy, fantasy, and musical. While the last two sound extremely difficult and terrifying, I know that I would love to dive into them more than anything. With passion behind my work I am certain that I would find a way to make it work! Anyways, until I have a set concept I'll keep my ideas a secret. Gotta keep you interested, right?

Here's a draft schedule for the upcoming weeks! Organization is key in a project like this one and if there's one thing I don't want happening, its falling behind because I failed to realize how much work this project actually entails. As you can see, my dates are always around Sunday at the end of the week. This is because I don't want to create any false expectations for the exact posting dates, just know that my posts will be present by the end of that date!

I apologize for the slight blurriness! I have yet to figure out how to
combat this problem but I aspire to do so in the coming weeks!

I'm super excited to be starting this journey and I hope y'all stick around for the long haul!
Until then, here are some tune recommendations for today:
  • A Van, A Desert, And Sky (Ben Fankhauser) from "Miles & Me"
  • Out of My Head (Axel Mansoor)
  • In My Dreams (Christy Altomare) from "Anastasia"

No comments:

Post a Comment